- Univ.-Prof. (C4) at the Chair for Computational Analysis of Technical Systems
- CV (PDF)
You can find me at Schinkelstr. 2, 2nd floor, room 227 (directions), +49 (0)241 80 999 01.
- Publications • Research topics • CATS in press • Ph.D. Thesis
- My Google Scholar h-Index is 32. The ISI-based h-Index is 23, based on ca. 2200 citations according to Citation Metrics on my ResearcherID page.
- My Erdős number is 4, via the late Leo Franca.
Affiliations and Memberships
- President of the German Research School for Simulation Sciences since 2010.
GRS is a joint venture of Forschungszentrum Jülich and RWTH Aachen University
- Scientific Director of the Aachen Institute for Advanced Study in Computational Engineering Science since 2006.
AICES is a graduate school established under the Excellence Initiative of the German government
- Adjunct Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Rice University since 2005.
- Vice President of the German Association for Computational Mechanics (GACM) 2017-2021 (GACM member since 2003, board member since 2013).
- General Council of the International Association for Computational Mechanics (IACM) since 2013 (IACM member since 1995).
- Advisory Board of International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Wiley, since 2005.
- Editorial Board of Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Elsevier, since 2012.
- Editorial Board of Lecture Notes in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, Springer, since 2012.
- Scientific Board of Maison de la Simulation, Paris-Saclay, since 2012.
- International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM) since 2011.
- U.S. Association for Computational Mechanics (USACM) since 1995.