Parallel Computing for Computational Mechanics
Project 1 due date has been changed from May 29 to June 5, 2013.
The oral exams are scheduled for July 31 and August 28, with ca. 12 slots each day starting at 9:00. Please contact Philipp to get an exact slot.
- 2013.05.15 Lecture 8 (automatic scalar optimization): topics • slides (PDF)
- 2013.05.15 Lecture 7 (manual scalar optimization, Project 1): topics • slides (PDF)
- 2013.05.08 Lecture 6 (current CPUs, Homework 2): topics • slides (PDF)
- 2013.05.08 Lecture 5 (CPU performance, memory hierarchy): topics • slides (PDF)
- 2013.05.01 Holiday, no class.
- 2013.04.24 Lecture 4 (CM code: equation system, visualization): topics • slides (PDF)
- 2013.04.17 Lecture 3 (CM code: mesh generation, Homework 1): topics • slides (PDF)
- 2013.04.17 Lecture 2 (CM code: idealization): topics • slides (PDF)
- 2013.04.10 Lecture 1 (motivation): topics • slides (PDF)
Lecture slides are posted here in PDF format as the course goes on. They should be printed at 205% magnification (or fit to paper size), preferably 4-up to save paper!
Homework and Projects
- Although some assignments can be done on your personal laptops, most projects require the use of parallel computing platforms at the RWTH computing center, i.e., RZ Xeon cluster.
- Hints specific to particular homework or project are often posted at the topics pages linked above corresponding to the lecture in which the assignment was given.
Previous web pages
- RWTH Aachen: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005
- TU München 2004
- Rice University: 2003 (and earlier years)
- Our Parallel Programming link collection.