INTERESST Work Group
INTERESST in the group title stands of course for “Interdisciplinary Research on Stabilized Space Time”. In late 2015, this group evolved from a merger between the biofluids group and additional projects.
In the area of modeling, INTERESST members work on:
- hemolysis models quantifying the red blood cell damage due to shear,
- constitutive models for blood, of both shear-thinning and viscoelastic kind,
- description of chromatography processes, and
- material models for injection molding.
Concerning computational methods, the areas are:
- mesh update methods that accommodate rotating mechanical components,
- stabilized discretization methods for advection-diffusion-reaction processes,
- interface-capturing methods based on level-set techniques, and
- unstructured space-time meshing in 3D and 4D.
Heart with artificial canal
Work group members